Over recent years Surveying has developed with new technologies and McGregor Surveys has followed the latest innovations of surveying hardware and software that is available in the market today.
Ground Penetrating Radar – Underground services
McGregor Surveys has the necessary resources to locate all existing services using ground penetrating radar such as; electricity distribution, natural gas, cable television, fibre optics, traffic lights, street lights, storm drains, water mains, and wastewater pipes.
Contact McGregor Surveys prior to commencing any excavation on your site to determine if there are existing services on your project footprint.
UAV Surveys – Topographical and volume surveys
This technology has the following advantages: no interruption to field operations, time and cost efficiency, delivers detailed orthophotos, provides accurate digital models, allows 3D printable models and above all provides a safer alternative compared to conventional survey methods.
3D Laser Scanning
Provides multiple applications as follows;
- 3D modeling of processing plants to develop asbuilt CAD models to enable asset registers of all components of the plant
- Dimensional Control to determine differences from design to as-built
- Operational applications on large platework components to determine wear on structures
- Monitoring of building facades during commercial construction
- Assists in presentations by producing a 3D model of any structure